A place to share ideas, techniques, products and most of all fun! We hope you will enjoy our projects and also share yours. Please feel free to comment and/or ask questions anytime!
RSS

Monday 30 July 2012

Summer Fresh Cards 3

I hope the weather where you are is as lovely and sunny as it is here this week. Please sit back with a glass of something cool and check out what I have to share today.

I have my last two cards from the set I made with the Summer Fresh collection from Simple Stories. If you missed my last two posts you can see the cards I made HERE and HERE.

This line is so easy to work with. The Simple Stories line has various sized elements like 2x12 and 6x4, 3x4 and 6x8, 4x4 and of course 12x12.  it makes it so easy to throw a layout or several cards together in no time flat! Each collection also comes with two 12x12 sheets of stickers; 1 of elements and one of letters and words.

 Everything on this card is from the kit except for the few little embellishments I added for dimension but you could definitely make it without them. I love the scalloped border sticker with the denim pattern. For some dimension, I stapled the lace ribbon over top of it with the Tiny Attacher from Tim Holtz.
The little wagon sticker is so sweet! It just screams summer all filled with lovely flowers.  I layered some of the other included stickers to make the sentiment
Scrapbooking Cafe supplies used:
Summer Fresh Collection from Simple Stories
Tiny Attacher-Tim Holtz IdeaOlogy
Other supplies used:
white cardstock base
embroidered lace ribbon
buttons
embroidery floss
photo corners
flower brad

For my last card I used one of my favorite techniques! I embossed the base cardstock. This is such a simple detail to add to any project but I just love the look of it. For this card I used the Garden Flowers embossing folder from Crafts Too.
The main feature of the card, the pocket, is a sticker from the collection. I popped it up to add dimension and cut up strips of the various patterned papers from the kit and made them into little flags that I tucked underneath. I matted a sentiment sticker onto burlap fabric to add some texture and then added another little sticker and a button to tie it all together.
Scrapbooking Cafe supplies used:
Summer Fresh Collection from Simple Stories
Garden Flowers Embossing Folder-Crafts Too
Thin 3D Foam Squares-Scrapbook Adhesive
Other supplies used:
white cardstock base
buttons
embroidery floss
burlap fabric
machine stitching

That's all from me for today. I hope you were able to find some inspiration.
Enjoy your week!
~Becky

1 comments:

Anita Rex said...

Great cards today! You really rocked this collection!

Post a Comment