A place to share ideas, techniques, products and most of all fun! We hope you will enjoy our projects and also share yours. Please feel free to comment and/or ask questions anytime!
RSS

Tuesday 3 July 2012

Up in the air

Hi everyone,

As this is my first post a DT member I would like to follow Becky's steps and introduce myself:


My name is Daniela Donner (but, please, call me Dani) and I live in Barrie-ON with my dear husband and two wonderful boys (7 and 4 years old - can you say BUSY?). As for my job, I'm an Electrical Engineer who has found an amazing career as an IT Project manager. As for my passion, I found out about Scrapbooking mere 4 years ago, when my family and I moved from Brazil to Canada, and was hooked by the time I saw my first page. The possibility to preserve my memories and pictures to future generations while being creative at the same time just fascinated me! This hobby (I won't say obsession! You can't force me!) became my creative escape and opened my eyes to another beautiful word: photography! But, how can you not love something that combines pretty paper with pretty pictures? :)

So... For my first project I wanted to bring something meaningful and fun and that would inspire all o you to sit down and create! Wow, that's a lot to accomplish... Let's see if I can achieve at least one of my objectives here.

I created this card for a dear friend who is going through a rough period in her life. Way too many misfortunes have taken a swing on her self-esteem lately and I wanted to remind her that she can do anything if she believes in herself:


Supplies list:
Basic Grey - PB&J 6x6 paper pad
My Minds Eye - Miss Caroline twine
Vellum
Hero Arts - Calico Borders sentiment
Pebbles Chalks - Shimmer Shades
Spellbinders - Classic Squares Small
Scor Pal - Score Tool
Glue Dots

I hope she likes it.   :)

And now, for the fun part. See that cute little kite? Want to know how I made it? Sure! Here is the tutorial:

1) Cut a square of patterned paper using the Spellbinders die (this one is 1 1/4x1 1/4 inches):


2) Fold it diagonally in half, like the picture. Tip: use a Score tool to help you fold.





3) Fold the side points until they touch the middle score:

 

4) Add a glue dot to each side of the kite and "close" it again:






And that's it! You now have a cute and super easy embellishment to add to your cards and layouts.You can use the verse side as I did on my card, or the folded side, as in the tutorial pictures.

You can stop by at my blog at any time! I try to post something new every day => For the Record

Have fun!

Dani Donner



4 comments:

Anita Rex said...

So cute! What a great reason for making a card! And love how you made that kite!

Becky Litz said...

Great post Dani! and a beautiful card. Thanks for the tips on how to make the kite!

Zoe said...

Beautiful card.... you do an amazing job with those chalks :)

Auntie Em said...

Lovely card! I am sure you friend will love it. Fun technique. I like the little tails you added to the kite as well. Thanks for the fun idea. Looking forward to seeing more of your work! :)

Post a Comment