A place to share ideas, techniques, products and most of all fun! We hope you will enjoy our projects and also share yours. Please feel free to comment and/or ask questions anytime!
RSS

Monday 1 October 2012

oh snap!

Welcome to October! I'm still not quite sure where September went, but that seems to happen to me every month. Anyways, today I have a layout to share with you that I made using the Everyday Eclectic line from Echo Park. I absolutely LOVE this line!! I received it quite awhile ago but I just finally got a chance to work with it this past weekend. I made this layout and 2 cards already and I can't wait to do more!

I have had this photo of my daughter and I from a wedding a few years ago on my desk for a long time waiting to be scrapped, when this line came along I knew it was perfect.

I didn't have any black mist so I made my own with some black acrylic paint I had laying around. It was really easy. I simply put a dollop of black paint on a tray and added water until I got the consistency I wanted. I used a small paintbrush to flick the black onto the paper to make spatters.

here are a few close ups of the details on the page...


I stamped the date once at full ink strength and then stamped it off a few more times until the ink wore off. I like the look, it adds to the shabby/messy vibe that the layout has going on.


and here is a shot that shows the layering...

Scrapbooking Cafe supplies:
3D Foam Squares-Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L
Tape Runner-Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L
other supplies:
3-in-1 Butterfly punch-Martha Stewart
Label punch-Jenni Bowlin
doily-Wilton
tags-Elle's Studio
lace ribbon
buttons
embroidery thread
black paint
date stamp
Thanks so much for stopping by today, please remember to visit us every weekday to see what the rest of the design team has to share.
~Becky

1 comments:

James said...

Hi – Will you please post a link to your Blog at The Scrapbooking Community at vorts.com? Our members will love it.
Members include: Other Scrapbookers, Scrapbooking Enthusiasts and Experts.
It's easy to do, just cut and paste the link and it automatically links back to your website. You can also add Articles, Photos, and Videos if you like.
Email me if you need any help or would like me to do it for you. I hope you consider sharing with us.
Please feel free to share as often and as much as you like.
The Scrapbooking Community: http://www.vorts.com/scrapbooking/
Thanks,
James Kaufman, Editor

Post a Comment