A place to share ideas, techniques, products and most of all fun! We hope you will enjoy our projects and also share yours. Please feel free to comment and/or ask questions anytime!
RSS

Monday 12 November 2012

Fabulous Fall layout

Here we are on another lovely holiday Monday. This holiday has been brought to us by the brave men and women who fought for the freedom we enjoy today; and for that I am truly thankful. Lest we Forget.

Last week I shared a tag with you, if you missed that post, you can check it out here.  This week, I promised that I would show you what I decided to do with it. So here it is...


I made a pretty simple layout because I wanted the photo to stand out. I started with the base wood grain paper from My Minds Eye and then mixed some Simple Stories papers from their 6x6 pads. I used Harvest Lane and FabUlous.


See that wood grain brad and orange button below the tag? Well they are both covering up seams where I had to piece papers together.  I just love the smaller patterns that come in the 6x6 pads but obviously the papers are too small to go the length of a traditional 12x12 layout. That's OK! I just cut two strips and overlapped them slightly. I used the embellishments to cover up the seams so they are not so noticeable. The orange damask paper is also two pieces from a 6x6 pad, but the tag covers up that seam...easy peasy!


Scrapbooking Cafe Supplies used:
wood grain background paper-My Minds Eye
Harvest Lane-Simple Stories
FabUlous-Simple Stories
wood grain brad-My Minds Eye
for tag supplies see blog post here
other supplies used:
misc buttons
hemp twine
tags-Elle's Studio

Have a happy week!
~Becky

0 comments:

Post a Comment